You are here
MVP (Beni Mitzvah Project)
Through activities, games, and multimedia presentations, MVP participants will learn appropriate conduct when volunteering, the importance of giving back to the community and the impact you can have on others. In addition to completing the MVP curriculum, MVP participants and parents will coordinate and plan the MVP Drop Off Event for children and their families in The Friendship Circle.
This Drop Off Event will be participants' first hands-on volunteer experience.
MVP is great as a stand alone Bar/Bat Mitzvah Project. It also gives teens a foundation to become a Friendship Circle Volunteer. MVP participants are invited to volunteer for any Friendship Circle program
- Volunteer at the MVP Drop Off Event
- Set up a 1 on 1 meeting for MVP participant and parents to meet with FC staff member before the start of MVP
- Attend 6 meetings (2 hours each)
- Parents are encouraged to attend and stay for the 1st meeting and attend follow up planning meetings at the end of remaining session dates
- Help plan, coordinate and actualise
Parent involvement is key:
Parents are asked to attend and stay for the 1st meeting.
Following session dates, parents are asked to arrive 20 minutes before the end of program to help plan and coordinate MVP Drop Off Event